27 Nov E-Tourist Visa: Plain Sailing to India
E-Tourist Visa: Plain Sailing to India – Ready for your trip to India? Have you got your e-Tourist Visa already? If not, then worry not as this post shows some easy step through which you can get your Visa within a day. Moreover, you don’t have to spend time waiting for your turn and do all complicated paperwork. Yes, this is true, Government of India has recently established an e-Tourist Visa (e TV) program for a selected number of countries. The Indian Visa Application process is completely online. Here’s how you can get started:
Before you apply online for your Indian Visa, kindly check that you have these documents with you:
- Your Passport’s Bio Page’s scanned copy
- A six-month validity of the passport from the date of Arrival in India.
- At least two blank pages in your passport from the date of Arrival in India
- Passport size photo (against a white background)
After assuring that you have the required documents and photos, you should also know some other things before you proceed with the online application.
Keep the arrival date in mind and apply for an e-visa at least four days in advance and the arrival date should be in between 120 days after the application. For example, if you apply on September 1, you will get an option of choosing an arrival date in between September 5 to January 2.
You should also ensure that your only objective of visiting India must be one of these including, business trip or sightseeing, touring, visiting friends and relatives. Also, you must have a return ticket or an onward journey ticket with you.
- Indian Visa Application Online
Now that you know all the requirements and about other necessities, let us proceed with the steps for the online application.
- After choosing the e-visa application menu and ticking the e-Tourist Visa option, you will have to choose the purpose of your visit to India. It can range from recreation/sight-seeing to meeting friends/relatives. Choose the option that matches your purpose.
- The next page requires you to fill out your employment details, personal details, and details about your family as well as the tour. Don’t get confused with the “Reference in India” option, as you can fill in the details of the hotel where you will stay in case you are not staying at your friend’s or family’s house. You also need to give your own references in your residential area.
- Next, you will have to upload your photo and the scanned copy of your passport’s bio page.
- Once you finish the process of providing the required information, you can proceed with the payment. You can pay through a debit card, credit card or PayPal. The payment getaway is completely secured, so you don’t have to worry about the money. The amount of fees varies depending upon your nationality.
As you are through with the payment, all you need to do now is wait for the visa which will come in the form of an e-mail which will contain an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization). If it doesn’t come within a day, you don’t need to worry at all as the procedure usually takes around 72 hours (3 days) for completion.
Making an e-Tourist Visa for your trip to India is an easy task which will not take more than an hour for you to complete it. You will need to wait for a little for the Visa to arrive, but the wait is worthwhile as, after you get your visa, you will get to enjoy a hassle-free trip to India.